DragonScript Arena - a coding game (beta)
Design your Dragons' Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) by writing real code
- Code your own A.I. – enjoy 100% freedom to craft your Dragon A.I. using real code. Our unique A.T.H.E.N.A. battle-system technology lets you run your Dragon A.I. against other A.I. in the Arena. Watch your Dragons grow stronger as your coding skills improve
- Solo Quests – lead your Dragons through a series of increasingly challenging puzzle quests. Each quest comes with a step-by-step coding lesson
- PVP Arena – challenge friends to decide who has the craftiest Dragons in all the lands
- Free-to-Play & Free-to-Learn – the full game is forever free to play. Curious students may also join our free coding club. Unlike other games, the skills you earn here can help you win in real life too!
- Coding Club – get coding lessons and 1-on-1 mentorship with a Silicon Valley Software Engineer. Our Coding Club is inspired by traditional apprenticeships, like how swordmakers or sushi chefs pass down their craft to the next generation
Level up your coding skills to get your Dragons to work together against enemy A.I.
"This silly game teaches you some serious coding skills"
Guide your Dragons through puzzle quests like "Capture the Orb"
Unlock a new adventure in your life
Knowing how to code today can sometimes be the secret "Open Sesame" password to unlock opportunities otherwise hidden from the average person. Plus, it's the only skill in the world where you can create something valuable out of nothing – from anywhere in the world, with nothing but a computer. Even if you don't plan to code for cash, it's still a valuable skill to learn because technology is now everywhere and everything runs on code.
I originally made this game as a way to introduce my kids to Computer Science. But someone pointed out that this might be helpful for others too. So... since I enjoy teaching (and I don't get to do it much), I made this game and coding club for you, my new internet friend. If you're looking for a new and fun way to start coding... c'mon in! Let me be your humble guide into the magical world of code :)
Google Chrome web browser, computer + keyboard
13+. Some programming experience recommended.
|Updated||24 days ago|
|Genre||Strategy, Educational, Simulation|
|Tags||3D, artificial-intelligence, coding, Dragons, PvP, Robots, Tactical|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Multiplayer||Ad-hoc networked multiplayer|